1. On taking transit - There is a chauffeur ready to take you to where you want to go at almost any time of the day, it’s cheap, provides valuable thinking and internets time, and if needed includes a handy BAC > 0 feature!
2. On walking/cycling instead of having a car - Getting paid to significantly reduce the risk of the most common causes of debilitation and death while improving your physique!
3. On not having cable TV - People don’t routinely barge into your home unannounced and fabricate a need in your mind which compels you to give them some of your freedom (i.e. money) or feel disadvantaged.
4. On room-mates - Getting paid to socialize!
5. On cycling in the rain - Sprinklers are fun, how is this so different?*
6. On saving money - Getting paid to figure out how to not buy things (or do so more efficiently) where, after each discovery, the paycheque comes in for the rest of your life by default!
7. On lifestyle inflation - Disparaging the value in your past while sacrificing your future position of strength.
8. On hardship - Stretching your perspective so that your typical days, the ones you have the most, come to you easily and leave you smiling!
9. On failure - The number of times you have to fail before succeeding at something is a pre-determined number that you are simply not aware of. What you do know, is that you crossed one off the list. That same failure was also secretly crossed off of dozens of other lists corresponding to other successes that you are not yet aware of!
10. On grad school – see numbers 1 through 9
*When the answer is "because it's cold", I usually just fall back on trusty old number 8 : )